Copyright & Licensing Administrator
As an integral member of the Business Affairs department, the Copyright and Licensing Administrator will play a key role in supporting the Global Business Affairs team. You will primarily be processing third party licensing requests for our printed music catalogues and will be responsible for the process of importing Hal Leonard publications into Europe. This is an exciting position for someone with a particular interest in music copyright and printed music publishing, with the opportunity to grow their role through experience.
Place of Work
• This role is based in our Central London office (1 Red Place, London W1K 6PL)
• We currently offer hybrid working in this role (3 days in the office with the flexibility to work from home 2 days a week)
• Core hours are 10.00–16.00, working a total of 37.5 hours per week. Start, finish and lunch times can be flexed in agreement with your Manager.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills
• A degree-level qualification (or demonstrable equivalent experience) in music, music business or
another relevant subject
• A passion for music and music making
• Ability to learn quickly and juggle multiple tasks, and to work well under pressure while
maintaining a keen eye for detail
• Excellent organisational skills and high standard of verbal and written communication in English
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced, flexible office environment as both a team player and a self-starter
• Ability to quickly build an in-depth knowledge of our products and learn our Hal Leonard I.T. systems and programs
• Experience using Microsoft Office
• Aligned with our company vision, mission, and values
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Processing incoming third-party print & digital print requests
• Research copyright status using internal and external databases
• Create and maintain up to date copyright records on our internal systems
• Assist colleagues in Europe and the U.S.A. as required
• Liaise with publishers and affiliates to obtain approval where necessary
• Create and administer licence agreements
• Set up client account and raise invoices using our licensing system
• Review and analyse rights and manage process for import of Hal Leonard publications into Europe, obtaining external approvals where necessary
• Assist with analysing and confirming Hal Leonard’s claims for data provided by PMLL (Printed Music Licence Limited)
• Respond to general enquiries regarding our print catalogues
• Support the European Copyright & Licensing Manager as required in other departmental duties
• Carry out all other duties as may be required that fall within the capabilities of the role.
• 25 days holiday allowance plus 8 Bank Holidays (total 33 days)
• An Employee Discount of up to 40% across our wide product range
• Stakeholder Pension Scheme (5% employee contribution, 3% employer contribution)
• Cycle to Work and Discount Voucher schemes
• An Employee Assistance Program is available for all employees and their families. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24/7.
How to Apply
All candidates are required to submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.