Customer Support Advisor (Music E-Commerce) - 4.5 month FTC
Your will be part of a small Customer Support team, providing a high quality of service and support for Musicroom.com customers by email and telephone. The role entails a high level of interaction with customers and colleagues and would suit someone who is interested in either starting a career in customer services or developing their existing customer services skills, as training and development is provided.
Place of Work
- This role is based in Bury St Edmunds (Suffolk, IP33 3YB).
- The hours for this role are 09.00 – 17.00, Monday – Friday (total 37.5 hours per week).
- We currently offer hybrid working in this role (3 days in the office, 2 days working from home)
- This role is for a fixed term contract of approximately 4.5 months (to end of January 2023)
We are looking for candidates with the following skills
- Ability to take the initiative, identifying issues and exploring underlying causes
- Able to deal effectively with customers, using sound interpersonal skills and communicating well through a range of media e.g. phone, email
- Displays energy and enthusiasm in the way they go about their role, dealing positively with setbacks when they occur. Stays positive under pressure.
- Able to use Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and use technology for common office tasks
- European languages are not essential but would be advantageous for supporting the wider business (French and German in particular)
- Able to work with a high level of professionalism
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage Customer calls and emails relating to orders and product information.
- Ensure calls and emails are responded to within a reasonable timeframe and ensure customers are kept fully informed of progress at all times.
- Responding to customer queries in a professional manner at all times.
- Liaise with internal departments as required (Accounts, Purchasing, Logistics).
- Understanding customer requirements and where necessary, advising customers of suitable alternatives. Reply to daily email enquiries within 24 hours.
- Maintain Current Customer Accounts Key New Accounts and orders and handle exchanges and refunds.
- Receive inbound customer calls, emails and resolve queries, complaints and advice customers on the products available through all our web shops.
- Experience of managing KPI focused daily email and phone targets.
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- Accurate data entry and attention to detail with clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and instruct a diverse customer base.
- Writing to customers via email and post, with verbal and literacy skills to a high standard
- Liaising with the postal system and couriers regarding orders.
- 25 days holiday allowance plus 8 Bank Holidays (total 33 days) – pro rata for the period of the contract
- Subscription to LinkedIn Learning
- Free lunch from our canteen mini mart
- Hybrid working – (3 days in the office with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week)
- An Employee Discount of up to 40% across our wide product range
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme (5% employee contribution, 3% employer contribution)
- An Employee Assistance Program is available for all employees and their families. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24/7
How to Apply
All candidates are required to submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.