Customer Support Manager
You will be responsible for leading and developing the Customer Support team to provide a first-class customer experience across all Hal Leonard Europe e-commerce sites and platforms, proactively identifying and delivering improvements to Customer Support processes. You will manage and contribute to daily Customer Support administration to ensure the team achieves targets and KPIs.
Place of Work
Hal Leonard Europe, Bury St Edmunds IP33 3YB – Hybrid working
We are looking for candidates with the following skills
- Strong people management skills; able to support, engage and motivate individuals to continuously improve performance and provide the best experience for our customers
- A self-motivated individual with experience of introducing best practice customer support processes
- Experience using and optimising processes within Zendesk
- Experienced in analysing customer feedback and proposing improvements to guidance for customers and design of eCommerce platforms in order to drive a positive customer experience
- Experience managing team and individual performance against KPIs
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Process & Performance Management
- Responsible for setting and delivering operational targets, team and individual KPIs to ensure highest possible performance and customer satisfaction.
- Make full use of Zendesk and other analytics tools to create weekly and monthly reporting which tracks progress against targets and KPIs and identifies opportunities to improve performance further.
- Undertake periodic review of Customer Support systems and workflow, liaising with IT department, to propose changes which introduce greater automation and improve customer experience.
- Manage public reviews and feedback internally on changes required to improve customer rating.
- Manage ‘Help’ section of e-commerce websites, working with wider E-Commerce team to propose improvements to Help content and explore opportunities to reduce email and phone enquiries through self-service tools such as chatbots and online forms.
- Lead on Incident Management, ensuring consistent and fast response process for complaints, followed by internal review to identify what went wrong, how to improve in future and what action to take.
- Liaise and work closely with Operations and Finance departments to maintain and improve cross functional processes including returns authorisations and customer refunds.
- Monitor health of marketplace accounts in relation to response times and flag issues to E-Commerce team.
- Undertake projects and tasks determined by Head of E-Commerce to further improve Customer Support.
Team & People Management
- Manage and develop the Customer Support team, leading by example, to deliver a collaborative, energetic, value adding, commercially focussed and output driven team.
- Manage and oversee day-to-day workload across the team, reallocating tasks, and duties as needed
- Implement and maintain regular product training sessions to ensure knowledge of full product range.
- Encourage culture of continuous development with guidance, coaching and mentoring.
- Schedule regular 121 meetings with team members and conduct performance appraisals.
- Manage direct reports in respect of holiday, sickness, and general day-to-day management.
Customer Support Administration
- Manage workflow and fast response to customers from marketplace platforms (Amazon, Ebay)
- Reply to daily email enquiries within 24 hours using the Zendesk Software, meeting the daily KPIs.
- Assist Musicroom and Music Shop Europe customers with enquiries via email and phone.
- Reply to social media enquiries from customers via e-commerce Twitter and Facebook accounts.
- Use Navision to efficiently process orders and answer queries from customers.
- Oversee Key Accounts, Educational Customer orders, and maintain current Customer Accounts.
- Coordinate customer return and refunds process, liaising with Logistics department and shipping couriers
- 25 days holiday allowance plus 8 Bank Holidays (total 33 days)
- An Employee Discount of up to 40% across our wide product range
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme (5% employee contribution, 3% employer contribution)
- Cycle to Work and Discount Voucher schemes
- An Employee Assistance Program is available for all employees and their families. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24/7
How to Apply
All candidates are required to submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.