Working with the IT Director, you will collaborate with colleagues, department heads & Directors to develop strategies which will help the IT department better align itself with the company’s overall financial and corporate strategy. This role would suit a candidate who is keen to influence the development of IT infrastructure to support the growth of the business, while also ensuring a stable platform for business operations across our retail, logistics and office environments in the UK and Europe.
Place of Work
Hal Leonard Europe, Distribution Centre and Office, Bury St Edmunds IP33 3YB (Hybrid working).
We are looking for candidates with the following skills
- Works collaboratively within their own team as well as bringing the ability to influence and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience developing proposals and delivering changes to meet business needs
- Works with a continuous improvement mindset and strong project management skills to ensure changes are implemented successfully, to timescales and budgets
- Ensures their generalist knowledge and experience is shared with colleagues and participates effectively in meetings with strong verbal communication skills that allow you to ‘sell’ solutions to internal stakeholders
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the IT Director in producing and managing the IT budget.
- Implement ITIL processes & procedures that focus on aligning IT services with the needs of the business.
- Contribute to the planning of future upgrades & improvements to IT and the infrastructure.
- Provide technical expertise/input in relation to infrastructure decisions relating to various IT projects.
- Monitor and encourage improvements towards standards of work via guidance, coaching and mentoring.
- Proactively suggest improvements to the department.
- Take responsibility for managing the servers, including virtual and physical Infrastructure administration (Active Directory/Azure AD), configuration, patching, upgrading and fault finding.
- Provide an escalation point for support issues.
- Assume budget responsibility for IT infrastructure hardware (peripherals, P.C’s, Laptops etc).
- Manage the network – administering, configuring & troubleshooting (Cisco, Meraki & FortiGate).
- Manage the company servers – Active Directory, Group Policy management, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, WDS/MDT
- Carry out Microsoft Office 365 administration.
- Backup administration, configuration & troubleshooting.
- Phones VOIP – Administering, configuring & troubleshooting.
- Purchasing IT Software (licences etc).
- Provide an escalation point for Support Technicians, all retail infrastructure and software issues.
- Participate in internal / external meetings as required.
- Participate in the out of Hours Rota covering 08:30 to 18:00 1 week in 5.
- Identify and meet personal job-related training and development as required.
- Provide assistance in terms of general and specific business support as required.
- Ensure compliance with data protection principles, ensuring all sensitive data is stored securely and used appropriately.
- 25 days holiday allowance plus 8 Bank Holidays (total 33 days)
- Free lunch from our on site mini-mart and free parking
- An Employee Discount of up to 40% across our wide product range
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme (5% employee contribution, 3% employer contribution)
- Cycle to Work and Discount Voucher schemes
- An Employee Assistance Program is available for all employees and their families. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24/7
How to Apply
All candidates are required to submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.