IT Support Technician
This role would be a great next step for someone with IT support experience looking to broaden their experience across a wide range of technologies/working environments and get involved in the delivery of key IT projects to support the continued growth of the business. You will be responsible for providing frontline IT support to our retail, logistics and office environments as well as taking a key role in projects to upgrade and migrate IT systems, networks and infrastructure, ensuring the needs of the business and internal customers are met.
Place of Work
Hal Leonard Europe, Distribution Centre and Office, Bury St Edmunds IP33 3YB (Hybrid working).
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a frontline IT support role or similar role involving fault-finding, maintaining records and answering queries. You are able to prioritise requests to ensure the needs of the business are met and customers are provided with a good experience
- You demonstrate a proactive approach to solving problems, building your knowledge of business processes and systems to provide a high level of support
- You take a methodical approach to IT troubleshooting and are confident in being the first point of call for issues and when taking the decision on whether to escalate issues, ensuring a good service and swift resolution of issues
- You are self-motivated and able to work well autonomously and as part of the wider team. You take the initiative to research issues and build your knowledge to improve the service you provide
- You take ownership of the areas of responsibility you are given to ensure projects are delivered to timescales, service level agreements (SLAs) are met and IT stock and costs are managed.
- You have knowledge and/or experience with the following: Office 365, Azure, Windows 10, Server 2008 – 2019, Networking – Cisco, VLANS, VPN
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
IT Support & Helpdesk
• Provide effective IT support services across all clients both onsite and remotely, including acting as a champion for supporting the till system in place across 9 retail sites in the UK.
• Work to SLA thresholds to manage any incidents, requests and problems.
• Provide end-user, desktop support.
• Report any faults within the helpdesk system.
• Set up and configure new laptops and desktops.
• Install authorised software to laptops and desktops.
• Troubleshoot desktop and system problems, diagnose and solve hardware/software.
• Install, maintain and support new applications.
• Support users on both hardware and software applications.
• Carry out patching of network and phones as required.
• Diagnose and work towards resolving technical issues, escalating as necessary.
• Provide support for MAC computers, mobile devices and printing queries
• Support and maintain MS Server/Desktop.
• Support and maintain Office 365 Solutions.
• Contribute to polices, processes and procedures
• Establishing a good working relationship with the business and customers
• Keep up to date with advancements in technology
• Carry out routine systems monitoring including:
• Disk Space
• Carry out performance monitoring.
• Carry out antivirus installation to desktops and laptops.
• Ensure that all installations are completed in a timely and professional fashion to agreed timescales
• Work with customers and internal teams to ensure operational and service excellence is delivered and maintained.
- 25 days holiday allowance plus 8 Bank Holidays (total 33 days)
- Free lunch from our on site mini-mart and free parking
- An Employee Discount of up to 40% across our wide product range
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme (5% employee contribution, 3% employer contribution)
- Cycle to Work and Discount Voucher schemes
- An Employee Assistance Program is available for all employees and their families. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24/7
How to Apply
All candidates are required to submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.