STORE MANAGER – MUSICROOM SALISBURY
As Store Manager you will have responsibility for the day-to-day running of the store to meet store sales, spending and margin targets and to ensure the effective performance of the store team through training, motivation and supervision. Based in our Musicroom Salisbury store location, this is a full-time permanent position reporting to the Retail Operations Manager.
Established in 1995, Musicroom is part of Hal Leonard Europe. Musicroom.com is the UK’s leading music specialist webstore and sells an extensive catalogue of printed and digital publications, sheet music, music education resources, instruments, gifts, accessories and pro audio products, shipping to over 500,000 customers worldwide. Ten Musicroom retail stores around the UK and Eire serve local and regional communities.
Place of Work
This role is based at our Musicroom Store in Salisbury.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- To meet the store’s annual, monthly and weekly budgets and to drive sales accordingly.
- To drive outstanding customer service standards across the store at all times and to therefore maximize all sales opportunities while driving customer loyalty.
- Ensure high retail standards through clean, well-stocked visual merchandising and ensure stock levels are regularly maintained across the store
- Maintain a clean, tidy, safe and organized store work environment while following all of the company’s policies, including Fire and Health & Safety guidelines, policies on Equal Opportunities and other behavioral policies set out by the company
- Responsible for store staff recruitment after clearance from Senior Management; carry out all new team members’ initial induction training on store’s systems and processes.
- Lead, support, coach and develop the team through clear instruction, company briefings and regular 1-2-1 meetings, and PDPs where necessary for development issues.
- Conduct annual staff performance reviews and appraisals and drive any team performance and disciplinary issues
- Carry out key holder responsibilities, including the opening/closing of the store and attending alarm callouts
- Lead and participate in all staff training for new products and store processes
Skills and Qualification
- Broad understanding of the music retail industry and retail as a whole
- Professional experience in planning and delivering marketing plans is preferred
- Musical knowledge is preferred but not essential if the applicant can demonstrate a strong musical affinity
- A confident individual with an outgoing personality, excellent communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, flexible retail environment and quickly understand our product ranges
- Sales driven and passionate about music
- Aligned with our company vision, mission and values
A training and development programme will be provided to enable you to deliver all job functions. Ongoing training and courses will be scheduled as appropriate.
All new employees are subject to a probationary period of three months.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the level of experience and responsibility and is paid monthly. A basic salary plus a bonus programme will be offered to the successful applicant.
The Company offers all employees an Auto-Enrolled Contributory Pension Scheme.
Free Bupa employee assistance programmes, benefit from staff discounts, cycle-to-work scheme, voucher schemes and more.
The annual leave entitlement is 25 days plus all statutory bank holidays. Our stores do trade on Bank Holidays so if you are required to work then you will accrue ‘time in lieu’
Confirmation of employment for any successful candidate will be subject to receiving satisfactory references, proof of eligibility to work in the UK and satisfactory completion of the probationary period.
How to apply
All candidates are required to submit a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is Friday 9th July.